Have you ever noticed a building with a unique roofing material? Chances are, they might have used architectural panels. Architectural panels have been trending because of their design and functionality. Here's a closer look into what architectural panels are, the types available, and the advantages they offer.
What Are Architectural Panels?
Architectural panels are prefabricated metal sheets with concealed fastenings designed to interlock to form a continuous appearance. They are widely used in residential and commercial buildings, as well as in industrial structures. Usually, they are made of aluminum or steel and come in different sizes and shapes. The panels can be installed vertically or horizontally and cut to fit the roof's contours. While the primary function of roofing is to protect the building against the elements, architectural panels provide additional benefits in terms of energy efficiency, design flexibility, and longevity.
Are There Different Types of Architectural Panels?
Yes, there are different types of architectural panels. Here are the most common types:
- Standing seam panels. Taking design inspiration from classic standing seam metal roofing, this type of architectural panel is characterized by raised seams that run vertically. They offer a flexible aesthetic, working well with both contemporary and modern farmhouse design trends.
- Ribbed panels. Ribbed panels have a corrugated or 'wavy' appearance that adds another layer of design to the building. They are more commonly used in industrial applications.
- Insulated panels. Insulated panels, sometimes called sandwich panel roofing because insulation is 'sandwiched' between two panels, are designed to provide more energy efficiency and function as both roof and wall panels. They come in various thicknesses and are ideal for keeping the building cool in the summer and warm in the winter. These architectural panels have a decidedly modern appearance.
What Are the Benefits of Architectural Panels?
There are numerous benefits to using architectural panels in roofing. Here are some of the main advantages:
- Durability. The panels are made of high-quality material and are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions.
- Longevity. Like other metal roofing products, architectural panels have a long lifespan and require very little maintenance.
- Energy Efficiency. Insulated panels can reduce energy consumption and, in turn, heating and cooling costs.
- Design Flexibility. Architectural panels come in various sizes, shapes, and colors, making them perfect for any building design.
- Cost-Effective. Although they might be a little bit more expensive than other roofing materials, their durability and long lifespan end up being a cost-effective option in the long run.
Architectural panels are an excellent roofing option for both home and business owners. They are durable, long-lasting, and energy-efficient, providing exceptional value for the money. If you are considering new roofing, architectural panels are an attractive option.
For more info about architectural panels, contact a local company.Share